Chicken Wings Asian Style
Here are 2 amazing, but simple recipes for Asian influenced chicken wings. The first is a recipe for slow roasted wings baked in a soy sauce, honey and cayenne pepper sauce. The second is a recipe for deep fried chicken that has been marinated in ginger, garlic and soy sauce. The finished dishes are perfect for serving as appetizers or as an entrée.
Chicken wings can be purchased whole and cut by hand, or purchased precut, with the tips already discarded. Most supermarkets carry one or both options. They can be found in the frozen foods section in both whole wing form, and drummettes.
Slow Roasted Asian Style Chicken Wings
5 pounds (about 30) Frozen Chicken Wings
10 ounces Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup White Sugar
2 tablespoons Honey
1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
5 Garlic Cloves, peeled
Fresh Ginger, 1 inch piece, peeled
1. Preheat oven to 250 F.
2. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, white sugar, honey, cayenne pepper, garlic and ginger to blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Arrange chicken in single layer on foil lined baking sheet. Cover wings with sauce. Toss to coat.
4. Bake 2 to 2-1/2 hours, Turn and coat wings in sauce ever half hour or so.
5. Place wings on serving platter and serve.
Chinese Style Chicken Wings
24 Whole Chicken Wings
3/4 cup Soy Sauce
3/4 cup Dry Sherry
1-1/2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger
3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
3 tablespoons Honey
4-6 cups Peanut or Canola Oil, for frying
1. Using a sharp knife, cut chicken pieces at the joints. Discard the tips.
2. Add wings, soy sauce, dry sherry, fresh ginger, crushed garlic and honey to large resealable plastic bag.
3. Secure bag and toss to coat wings.
4. Chill in refrigerator overnight. Turn bag occasionally to evenly marinate.
5. Remove wings from marinade and drain. Discard marinade.
6. Preheat oil in deep fryer or heavy saucepan to 370 F.
7. Add chicken wings to oil in small batches.
8. Fry 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.
9. Drain on paper towels.
Click here more great Cooking ideas. Also don’t forget to sign up for My News Letter.